Skip to content
- The South Dakota Pell Grant is used for attending college. You can use this grant at any college in South Dakota as long as they participate in the Federal Student Aid Program if your school has a 6-digit federal school code. You will be able to know if you are eligible for the Pell Grant by your EFC. If your EFC is lower than $6206, then you are eligible. We’ve listed all the Federal Student Aid school codes for South Dakota colleges at the bottom of the page.
- There are also many other sources of financial aid for South Dakota students.
- The South Dakota Opportunity Scholarship (SDOS) provides need-based scholarships to South Dakota residents attending in-state colleges and universities.
- The South Dakota Board of Regents provides various scholarships and grants to South Dakota residents, including the South Dakota Opportunity Scholarship (SDOS).
- The South Dakota Indian Scholarship provides financial assistance to South Dakota residents who are members of a federally recognized tribe.
- The GEAR UP South Dakota provides need-based grants and scholarships to low-income students in South Dakota
- The South Dakota National Guard Educational Assistance Program offers financial assistance to members of the South Dakota National Guard.
- The South Dakota State University Grants and Scholarship program offers various institutional scholarships and grants to students attending South Dakota State University.
- The University of South Dakota Grants and Scholarship program offers various institutional scholarships and grants to students attending University of South Dakota.